Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The challenge of laughing

Didn't write for a few days, but have been keeping track of my laughing...averaging 4 or 5 times a day!  I make others laugh and I smile a lot but I had no idea I laughed so rarely. 

I thought more about and what/who influenced my sense of humor.  My parents laughed at Bob Hope and Lucille Ball and liked "clean humor".  Of course, they were good Midwest folks and didn't like profanity and jokes that were directly sexual.  Indirect stuff was okay.

Until I started doing this blog (while working on a presentation about humor for my work) I never really thought about how I got a sense of humor or how my humor was influenced by my environment.

Today I want to share an Ellen moment to support your laughter:  http://www.youtube.com/user/theellendegeneressho?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/65/tPIOzyHRyeU


More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment