Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Krispy Kreme Doughnut Race

I try really hard to keep up with the world news, but I have been missing something for the last few years--the Krispy Kreme Challenge in Raleigh, North Carolina.  This event has been going on at least since 2008 and I have yet to travel there and register for this amazing race.

Here are the details--about 7,500 people this year got up in the early morning and ran for two miles, grabbed a box of a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts, ate them, and then ran back along the same route for another two miles.  Talk about a challenge....seems the run burns about 2,400 calories which is just about the total number of calories for a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts. 

I am inspired to start my own run for the doughuts every weekend.  I will run a total of four miles to eat a dozen doughuts any day.  So, yay North Carolina and yay Krispy Kreme.

Oh I couldn't find the lastest run on YouTube but here is how it looked last year:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP9Q1hx6fQU&feature=related      Fun times...

No comments:

Post a Comment